I am doing some interesting things this quarter in my coursework, though! I'm taking a Content Analysis class and hope to produce a paper that highlights what news topics major US newspapers reported on as the primary focus when it comes to the Catholic Church... essentially, it'll kind of be like how the media represents the Church. It's a method that is tested -- so biases are harder to pinpoint, which is good!
I'm also doing an independent study with a Philosophy professor and have read Light of the World - the latest interview between Pope Benedict and Peter Seewald. I highly recommend it! From there I'm dabbling in some Habermas and perhaps von Balthasar... so I will be steeped in philosophical discussion by March, I hope!
I'm also trying to churn out my first publication. I'm in the final stages of getting ready to send it out to editors of a journal - then it will be the waiting game.
So... that's just a quick run-down of things that I'm up to. As always I will try to get back here to Isidore's Digital Doorway to make commentary and keep you all updated with my work. My one request (well two - because you know I always love comments!) is that if you have a moment - say a prayer for me and all the students who are trying to get through their studies this quarter/semester. School can cause a lot of stress -- Pray that we may seek God in our time of doubt and struggle, but also in times of triumph and joy!
Until next time...
+JMJ+
1 comment:
It strikes me how strange and wonderful it is to be able to study these things at a terribly secular university. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment