Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jesus is risen! Alleluia!

“Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified. He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said..." -Mt 28: 5-6

Happy Easter, dear friends! I hope you've each had a most blessed and holy Easter Sunday, surrounded by family and friends!

I am currently sitting amongst the comfy pillows on my couch, eating chocolate and drinking a Diet Coke (things I gave up for Lent this year) and watching The Sound of Music (part of my personal Easter tradition) after spending sometime out of town visiting a friend. I attended a Solemn High Mass for Easter today, which was just beautiful. And what's more was seeing all of the children who were in attendance -- at a Latin Mass no less! They sang, they prayed in unison with the adults - it was awesome to see what will hopefully be a generation of hope for the Catholic Church in America. All in all - it was a most enjoyable Easter for me, especially being able to get away for a little while! Just what I needed me thinks!

Things are moving forward with school - in fact, yesterday I began getting ideas out on paper for Dissertation: Chapter 1 (which was indeed very scary!) But I'm going into it realizing that what I write today will go through many iterations before the defense (which, God-willing, will be a year from now) and that is keeping me somewhat sane (at least for now).

Life is still quite isolating (See this post for more of what I'm referring to) and lonely, but I've realized (through the help of wise friends and a peacefulness that can only be attributed to God Himself) that it's only for a limited time (which sometimes just seems too long...) that I am going to be faced with this particular challenge. But that's life: The challenge, the journey of a God-filled existence. There will be peaks and valleys - but with a steadfast faith in God's will, anyone can make it through just about anything! Jesus I Trust in You!

Again, Happy Easter, friends. Jesus is Risen! Alleluia!

+JMJ+

No comments: