Today is the day -- the unveiling of the new project for Isidore's Digital Doorway!!
As I've grown older, I've become quite interested in all of the Catholic Churches in an area - what they look like on the inside, the area they serve, etc. I still can't get over the fact that there are TWO Catholic Churches with a pastor for each Parish here in Athens, only a matter of blocks away from each other! I also do a great deal of traveling around this area and back home to SC, and I've seen various churches along the way during my travels. And I sometimes joke that I even have what seems to be some sort of inner tug to the Catholic Church. In fact, a couple weeks ago on the way to Lancaster, OH to go shopping, I spotted a steeple from the Highway, and I just KNEW it was the steeple of a Catholic Church, so I went off the beaten path, following the steeple and found St. Mary's Catholic Church in Lancaster.
Given this back story... ::drumroll please:: ... it's time to unveil the new project! Today, I gathered up my camera and jotted down some directions to go on my first adventure with a purpose: Find an area Catholic Church and spotlight their use of Web 2.0 (or suggest ways in which they could improve their use of Web 2.0, given various situations). From week to week, I plan to spotlight an area Catholic Church (or a Church someplace along the way as I'll be traveling back South for a couple of weeks soon) and highlighting not only the Church structure itself, but also it's presence in the virtual world.
The first installment of the new project will probably come tonight.. so check back for an update soon!
1 comment:
I think the first installment is more likely to come tomorrow morning... :)
Post a Comment