For those of you who have been following my progress in the PhD program, I just wanted to offer a little update...
Last week, I successfully defended my comprehensive exams; however, it wasn't the easiest experience of my life, and what it promises over the next 8-9 months is going to be no cake walk either.
This is a clip from a great film, The Shoes of the Fisherman. If you start it around 3:15, you'll get an idea of what my defense was like. Except for I fared much better than Father Telemond. And he wasn't exactly theologically sound... but, I think this captures the intensity of the defense, nevertheless!
In the meantime, school begins once again on September 6 (next Tuesday). I will be teaching a large lecture of Introduction to Mass Communication (the same class I taught this time last year but with 5 times as many students). And I'm technically done with coursework, but I'm taking Italian just to get some exposure to the language. (In some ways, I'm still dreaming big...)
That's all for now! Prayers are definitely appreciated :) Until next time...
+JMJ+
No comments:
Post a Comment