Monday, May 9, 2011

Papa Benny in Venice!

While browsing the Interwebz, something caught my eye. It was Pope Benedict! Riding in a gondola. Aww. I <3 him.

Take a look for yourself!



The Pope is looking pretty good and moving well. I was slightly concerned for him at Easter. He seemed tired and weak. Although, it was the Easter Vigil which is a long Mass AND relatively late at night AND at the end of Holy Week. He had a right to be tired. Especially at 84 years old!

Sidenote: I'm also a fan of him...

Photo Courtesy of: New Liturgical Movement

That's the Pope's right hand man, his private secretary, Msgr. Georg Ganswein. He got to ride in the gondola too. Lucky!

Maybe after next school year when I take Italian I'll be able to translate what the gondolier had to say about gondola-ing the Pope around Venice.

+JMJ+

No comments: